Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break is Over

Watched WM 27 with Johnny last night.  Nothing special.  Best match for me is a toss up between Orton/Punk and Rhodes/Mysterio.  Worst match, 8 man tag which took longer to introduce than the in ring content, but no, even that wasnt the worst match.  As i suspected, the Lawler/Cole match was shit.  Okay, it was the way they used Stone Cold at the event, but WTF, really?!?  Though in his credit, Jerry 'the King' Lawler could STILL step in and play himself in a movie about his feud with Kaufman ala Man on the Moon.  The main event was good enough, the best promo for the Miz Ive seen; even Johnny had to admit that the Miz is legit.  Cena/Rock could be great, though we'll see if Dwayne is actually interested in taking bumps every week/month/quarter, or what?

Good news on the finance front today, though still no job offer.  I have one place to goto after school today for a Sous position, and i have one place to follow up that would be the most convenient option in some time.

Here's something super awesome and interesting National Debt Clock check out the FAQ among other articles.  It pisses me off and really makes me want to be a self sustaining presence.  Go green doesnt even begin to encapsulate my feelings.  I want to be a non presence, live off my labors, and not be bothered by this society shit.  Reality being what it is though, i need to make the best of the world.  Regardless of how my employment situation pans out, this time (my longest ever unemployed) is teaching me and reteaching me some important lessons on priorities and personal management.

Personal management has been weighing heavily on me, collecting a govt check by being in school is rough on me, not just because it not enough to live on.  Anyone who knows me knows that i dont like to ask for help, or handouts, but realities are what they are.

Here i sit blogging about the last week rather than attending Developmental Psych class, is that equivelent though?  I'm working on my writing for English and teaching, I'm collecting my thoughts that are typical for my age, which is all about what that Psych class will be in two weeks.  I'll still make it to math class and hear Dr. J lecture.  Boy, am i ever glad that this is the last day of Wuthering Heights in English.  I forsee that the next book will divide us as well as this one did, along similar lines.

Wow, as i watch the local news break in the national 'news' program, they are pimping the shit out of McDonalds national day of hiring, 55,000 jobs in one day, BIG DEAL, these will be part time jobs that take hours away from the other part time and the full time employees that they have.  Its just a shift away from what most companies have been doing, which is to lay people off and then when a little work comes back their way, they hesitate to rehire or hire fresh and instead add a few hours on to the already full time employees.  Extra hours, with little extra compensation for those left behind, after all, what leverage do they have with their former colleagues eager to return to work.  It's pretty fucked up.

That being said, if they just paid a livable wage, I'd be there.  I can do that job.

Job hunt will go well today!  Thanks dad for the happily received text.  I have DOZENS of auctions going up soon, i came into a great batch of comics.

Please leave comments, they are appreciated.  Tell your friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment